Cooking with children, with the smallest of the house is a real pleasure, both for them and for their parents. The whole ritual before starting to cook is already fun. You have to choose a simple recipe that catches their attention, prepare the kitchen, buy the ingredients together.
It has an added value and is that it encourages them to try and taste dishes, which perhaps they would not do otherwise or would cost them effort.
For children, cooking is playing, learning and a wonderful way to create family bonds. Everything it can contribute is positive: it brings parents and children closer together, teamwork, stimulates creativity and imagination, exercises the magic of fun learning that everything is achieved with effort and work.
The palmeritas are very simple and easy to prepare. They have many variants such as chocolate, with honey, with sugar and they serve as breakfast or snack.
Ingredients: 1 sheet of puff pastry, 100 gr. sugar, parchment paper
- Sprinkle sugar all over the counter where you are going to work. Place the foil on top of the sugar and sprinkle again over the puff pastry, rolling over it so that it is well impregnated.
- Very carefully, fold the ends of the dough towards the center of it and once folded, fold it again towards the center. With the last fold it is formed as a tube, in which we will cut small 1 cm slices. thick.
- Preheat the oven to 200º and meanwhile, place the palmeritas in a baking dish leaving a little space between them.
- Place the palmeritas in the hot oven for about 15 minutes until golden brown. Turn them over and cook them for 5 more minutes and … They are ready!
Do not doubt that the little ones are going to love the cookies full of the colors of the lacasitos. They will suck your fingers!
Ingredients: 50 g. of brown sugar, 50 g. of white sugar, vanilla essence (1/2 teaspoon), 90 g. of creamy butter, 1 egg L, 155 g. pastry flour, salt, baking soda (1/2 teaspoon), lacasitos
- We heat the oven to 180ºC without air. We beat the sugars with the butter until it looks like a cream, we add the vanilla essence and the egg while we beat
- Sprinkle the flour, bicarbonate and sifted salt over the mixture and join with a pastry tongue until it is uniform..
- With a teaspoon we make dough balls that we place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. If the dough sticks to the spoon, we can give it a little water with our fingers and we do it by hand
- We squash each little ball very little and place them quite apart from each other.
- Garnish with lacasitos and bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden.
- Let the tray rest for five minutes and transfer to a rack to cool completely before eating.
As you can see, we have added two very simple and sweet recipes, so that the little ones start to get acquainted and together with them, you can enjoy the entire pack of cooking with children.
Yummmmmm! Enjoy them and may they enjoy you!